Glue is a difficult-to-remove adhesive for various surfaces, including natural marble stone, as it deforms the latter. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to the materials used in removing the glue so as not to damage the marble, bearing in mind that the solutions in this context are represented in household cleaners or in ready-made solvents, according to the following.
Home steps followed in removing dry glue from marble
Removing the glue, after it has dried, from the marble is an arduous task; In confrontation, there are some home methods used that are:
- Try to scrape off the glue, using a plastic scraper, not a knife, because metal tools may scratch the marble surface.
- Pass a sponge over the marble, in order to remove any residue.
- If the aforementioned steps do not work, it is imperative to use any commercial adhesive remover to dissolve the glue, while reading the instructions written on the product packaging.
- On the other hand, it is a good idea to gently sand the area, using high-grit sandpaper (or pumice stone), but very gently.
Materials used to remove glue from marble stone
Consideration should be given to the use of materials and methods Gentle cleaning on marble stone, including:
- Nail polish remover (acetone): Acetone is a common solution to the problem. In this context, a towel soaked in the substance is used, and placed for a few minutes on the glue, before rubbing lightly. Then, use a towel dampened with water to wipe.
- Make a mixture using dishwashing liquid and warm water, with a soft cloth towel moistened with the mixture, and apply to the marble surface, with circular motion, for minutes. Then, a towel made of cloth soaked exclusively in water is used for rinsing. On the other hand, white vinegar is kept away from marble; It is true that vinegar is an acidic substance, but it is not effective in removing the glue from the marble, as it may cause some damage to the stone, such as: engraving and staining. You may also be interested in 3 Materials That Are Enough to Clean the House.