Poultry and egg prices fell in the market today, Saturday, May 13, after successive declines in feed prices. In the past days, feed prices recorded a decline of 1,000 pounds and 1,500 pounds.
Poultry prices today
• A kilo of white chicken: the price starts from 63 pounds at the farm, 65 pounds, and may reach 75 pounds per kilo for the consumer in some areas.
• Baladi chicken: 90-95 pounds per kilo. It reaches the consumer at a price of 98 pounds
• Sasso poultry: 77-78 pounds per kilo. To reach the consumer at a price of 82 pounds
• Hips: between 70 and 76 pounds per kilo.
• Pane within poultry prices today: between 140-170 pounds per kilo.
• Breasts with bones: starting from 95 pounds per kilo.
• Price of wings: 50-60 pounds per kilo.
• Price of structures: 38-50 pounds per kilo.--
• White mother chicks: 54 in the farm, reaching 60 pounds per kilo for the consumer
Chick prices today
The price of chicks today in the local market is as follows, after the recent decline:
• White chick: 11: 12 pounds.
• Sasso chick: 10-11 pounds
Duck prices today
Today, the price of white ducks ranged between 68 and 78 pounds, while the price of a kilo of local ducks ranged from 110 to 120 pounds.
Dr. Tharwat Al-Zeini, Vice President of the Poultry Producers Union, said that there is a balance and a slight decline in poultry prices. We were talking in the past days about 68 and 67 pounds. Today, we reached 63 and 64 pounds for the price of poultry, and we reached 90 pounds for the price of an egg dish, after it had reached 100 pounds. .
And Tharwat Al-Zeini continued, during his statements, that 75% or more of the cost is due to fodder such as corn and soy, and there has begun to be a good decline in soy prices, and we always want to have at least a two-month strategic stock of corn and soy.
Raw material prices fell
Al-Zaini noted, saying: “We want a further decline in the prices of raw materials so that we can reach the natural cost, and we also do not have any comparative advantage in red meat, and the majority of it is imported. The haven for the Egyptian citizen is poultry and eggs. Indeed, there is self-sufficiency in poultry and eggs. We want to maintain it because the prices of meat and fish It got expensive.”